Today’s Guest: Hilary Price, cartoonist, “Rhymes with Orange”
Things I learned about “Rhymes With Orange” syndicated cartoonist Hilary Price by reading her blog:
• She wears a size 40 shoe—by Euro measures.
• She went to Cuba with several cartoonists recently. The trip was organized by Jeannie Schulz, widow of “Peanuts” cartoonist Charles Schulz.
• While she was gone that week, rather than work ahead on her daily strip, she asked Mo Willems to fill in.
• She has a fluffy white cat named Seltzer.
• Every November, she opens her Florence, Massachusetts studio to the public.
HILARY PRICE podcast excerpt: “Plush toys! You can have a plush toy of Snoopy. There’s going to be no ‘Rhymes With Orange’ plush toy unless I come up with a character. So darn it!”
What I didn’t need her blog to tell me about Price: she is a huge favorite of professional cartoonists and is probably better known among them than the general public. She is esteemed for her humor and style.