Literary agent Jeff Herman tells all to authors! VIDEO INTERVIEW

Today's Guest: Jeff Herman, literary agent, author, "Jeff Herman's Guide to Book Publishers, Editors & Literary Agents," "Write the Perfect Book Proposal"     Watch this exclusive Mr. Media interview with Jeff Herman by clicking on the video player above!  Mr. Media is recorded live before a studio audience full of people just like you... Continue Reading →

Agent Michael Larsen sells book proposal writing secrets! VIDEO INTERVIEW

Part 1 of 2 (More below) Mr. Media is recorded live before a studio audience of people who want to be writers more than they apparently want to take baths – P.U.! … in the new new media capitol of the world… St. Petersburg, Florida! So you want to be a writer, huh? Got a great... Continue Reading →

Literary agent Jeff Herman offers tips on landing a rep! PODCAST INTERVIEW

Today's Guest: Jeff Herman, literary agent, author, Jeff Herman's Guide to Book Publishers, Editors, and Literary Agents: Who They Are! What They Want! How to Win Them Over!   This is a tough time to be a writer, whether you’re on the staff of a newspaper or magazine or an independent like myself. Layoffs and budgets... Continue Reading →

NewspaperDeathwatch.com? Paul Gillin is on the lookout! PODCAST INTERVIEW

Today's Guest: Paul Gillin, editor, NewspaperDeathWatch.com   I like to think of myself as one of those guys with ink in his veins. At 13, I concluded that the New Brunswick Home News, my hometown paper in New Jersey, was inadequate, so I used my own money to subscribe to the Newark Star-Ledger. At 14,... Continue Reading →

Socializer-in-chief Laurel Touby explains MediaBistro.com! PODCAST INTERVIEW

Today's Guest: Laurel Touby, founder, MediaBistro.com   When Laurel Touby started MediaBistro.com in 1996, being a freelancer in the media business was a fairly solitary position. She became the socializer-in-chief, organizing events to draw writers and editors together, posting media jobs, which led to educational programs and daily news updates. In other words, she gave... Continue Reading →

61 Digizine editor Jamie Ceaser: The future is CD-ROM! INTERVIEW

Today's Guest: Jamie Ceaser, editor of Digizine. Originally Published September 16, 1996 Jamie Ceaser will either be on the cutting edge or the cutting room floor of new media. As managing editor of Digizine, one of a wave of magazines on CD-ROM showing up on newsstands, she faces an uphill battle in making the technology... Continue Reading →

38 Cooking Light magazine editor Mary Kay Culpepper raises taste! PODCAST INTERVIEW

(Editors Note: Mary Kay Culpepper left Cooking Light in 2009) Like most Americans,   I don’t have the best eating habits. I generally try to follow the 80/20 rule. I make an effort to eat smart and well about 80 percent of the time and give in to my inner teenager the other 20 percent,... Continue Reading →

Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Baskerville 2 by Anders Noren.

Up ↑